Thursday, September 21, 2006

$2 Worth of Hot Chips & A Divine Appointment



After alighting at Yeerongpilly, I saw a corner store across the road from the Station, and even though Paul would be offering me dinner, I felt led to go in and order $2 worth of hot chips.

So I walked in and asked the lady if they have any hot chips. She replied, "The minimum order is two dollars".

Whilst she was serving me, I gained the impression she was so hospitable, that I wondered whether she might be a Christian. She answered that she is a Baptist, from a plateau region of Vietnam.

Having always had an interest in the well-being of believers in remote situations, I found the fellowship with her quite heart-gladdening. I left promising to pray for the plight of her relatives back in Vietnam who, she said, are not really experiencing religious freedom.

No comments: